Overnight Chia & Hemp Oats (gluten-free, dairy-free)
This easy recipe is a great one to meal prep on the weekend for quick breakfasts through the week. My kids love this recipe! The chia and hemp seeds add extra protein and omega 3's. You can top this with anything you like! Berries, mango, banana, almond butter, you name it.
Makes one serving.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (gluten-free if desired)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (an alternative to adding maple syrup is mashing 1/2 of a banana and adding it to mixture instead of the maple syrup)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Optional toppings: berries, mango, other fruits, almond butter, shredded coconut, cacao nibs
1) Use a 16 ounce jar, pyrex container or any other container that will hold approximately 2 cups. Add 1/2 C rolled oats, 1 Tbsp chia seeds, 1 Tbsp hemp seeds, 1/4 tsp cinnamon and stir to combine.
2) Add 3/4 C unsweetened almond milk and 1 T maple syrup. Stir to combine.
3) Add toppings. If you let it set on the counter for about 30 minutes, the toppings will set on the top more easily. If you put them on right away, they will sink slightly. It is up to you when you want to add the toppings. You can also add them right before eating.
4) Set container in fridge overnight or at least for 2-3 hours before consuming.