Very Berry Crisp (Gluten-Free, Vegan, Oil-Free)
This is a summer classic! You can use this recipe with any kind of fruit! I have made it will black raspberries (our absolute favorite, highly recommend) and a mix of strawberries, blueberries and blackberries. I can't wait to try it with peaches! Any way you make it, it will be delicious! This recipe is super simple and will be sure to impress!
Ingredients for berry filling:
5 generous cups of berries (rinse berries, if using strawberries, cut them up)
3 Tablespoons coconut sugar
2 Tablespoons arrowroot starch (can substitute organic or non-gmo corn starch)
1/4 cup water
Ingredients for crisp topping:
1 cup almond meal
1/2 cup finely shredded coconut
1 cup rolled oats (gluten-free, if needed)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Set out a 9" x 9" baking dish.
2. Add rinsed berries to 9" x 9" baking dish. Add 3 T coconut sugar, 2 T arrowroot starch, and 1/4 C water. Stir thoroughly. Set dish aside.
3. In a medium bowl, add 1 C almond meal, 1/2 C finely shredded coconut, 1 C oats, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp sea salt and stir thoroughly. Add 1/2 C maple syrup to the mixture and stir thoroughly.
4. Drop the mixture by tablespoons on top of the berries and spread evenly. It doesn't have to be perfect! Some berries peeping through here and there make it prettier.
5. Bake for 55 minutes until golden and crisp.
6. Let cool on counter some before serving. It is best served medium warm to slightly warm versus piping hot. Serve with your favorite topping! We like Luna and Larry's Vanilla Coconut Ice Cream! It is a coconut based, non-dairy ice cream and it is delicious! Enjoy!