Strawberries & Cream Chia Pudding
If you are looking for an easy make ahead breakfast or snack, look no further! This will take you 10-15 minutes to whip up and you will have 5 breakfasts for the week! I have been making this for the kids and it is really helping make my week so much easier!
This recipe makes 5 servings. This nutrition information is for one serving: 5 g protein or 10%, 9 g fat or 14% (healthy fats! they have a favorable omega-3 to omega-6 ratio of 3:2) 20% calcium (not including the calcium in the almond milk if you are using fortified almond milk), 15% iron.
Did you notice the calcium and iron content! Look again because this is an amazing source of plant based calcium and iron! If you would like to add more protein, consider blending in hemp seeds when you add the dates and blend thoroughly to make it smooth. Or you can top this with your favorite almond butter, cashew butter, peanut butter, or other nut butter.
- 6 medjool dates
- 4 C almond milk
- 2 C strawberries, stems removed
- 1 C chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean powder or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Remove the pits of the dates and soak in some hot water to soften for 5 minutes. While waiting prepare other ingredients, remove strawberry stems.
2. Drain the water from the dates and add the dates to the blender.
3. Add almond milk to the blender and blend for 30-60 seconds or until thoroughly blended.
4. Add vanilla and strawberries to the blender and blend for 15 seconds.
5. Add chia seeds to the blender and blend very quickly just to mix, approximately 5 seconds.
6. Immediately pour into small containers with lids for later storage.
7. Top with fruit, almond butter, shredded coconut, strawberry jam, or whatever you love!
8. Store in fridge for 3-5 days. *Note that this is best refrigerated for about an hour before you eat, however, you could eat it right away if you like the consistency as is.