Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Coconutty Cookies (Gluten-free, Vegan)
These cookies are gluten-free and dairy-free! They are free of refined sugar and are a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth! Packed with the flavors of almonds, coconut and chocolate, they are sure to please!
2 chia eggs (2 T ground chia, 6 T water)
1 T coconut oil
3/4 cup almond butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup almond meal
1/2 cup finely shredded coconut (sulfite-free)
1 cup rolled oats (use gluten free oats, if needed)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup chocolate chips (dairy free, if needed)
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Make chia eggs. Combine the 2 T ground chia with 6 T water. Stir and set aside for 2-3 mins.
3. Add the 3/4 C almond butter, 1 T coconut oil, and 1 t vanilla. Stir well to combine.
4. Next add 2/3 C coconut sugar, 1/2 C almond meal, 1/2 C shredded coconut, 1 C oats, 1/2 t baking soda, 1/2 t salt. Stir to combine.
5. Fold in 1 C chocolate chips.
6. You may need to work the dough with your hands to get it to combine thoroughly. Form approximately 12 golf ball size balls. Press down firmly to flatten slightly (less than 1 cm thick).
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 13 minutes or until slightly golden.
8. Let cool on baking sheet for 1-2 minutes then move to a cooling rack.