Bomb Buddha Bowls with Turmeric Tahini Dressing
Have you ever had a meal that you want to keep eating over and over again? This is that meal for me. If you do nothing else, please make this dressing and pour it over your favorite salad. It's so good. And can you say anti-inflammatory turmeric and sooo good for you?
You can use any raw veggies, roasted veggies, grain/noodles. This is recipe you can make your own with the toppings that you love. You can roast chickpeas, marinate and roast tofu, grill some wild salmon for on top. Customize this to what you love. I hope you enjoy it!
TIP: Cook once, eat several times! Make extra of everything! I left the quantity of veggies you prep up to you. I love to make lots of extras. Store extras in glass containers in the fridge and you have a quick weeknight meal or lunches for work.
Buddha bowl ingredients:
- Chopped assorted vegetables to roast (beets, sweet potato, brussel sprouts, etc)
- Can of chickpeas
- Cooked wild rice, quinoa, brown rice, or noodles
- Baby butter lettuce
- Carrots, julienned
- Red cabbage, sliced finely
- Tomatoes, diced
- Cucumbers, diced
- Avocado, sliced
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 T turmeric
- 2 T apple cider vinegar
- 1 T water
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cook rice or other grains.
3. Add chopped roasting vegetables to a baking sheet with 1 T oil and assorted spices (cumin, sea salt, black pepper, paprika, etc). Roast for 30-40 minutes or until tender.
4. Chop all veggies and put in individual glass containers that you can seal with lids (for later storage of extra toppings.
5. Make dressing. Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Store in a glass jar. (dressing is thick and you will need a wide opening at the top of container so that you can use a spoon to scoop out dressing)
6. Assemble bowls. Start with the lettuce and other raw veggies (carrots, red cabbage, tomatoes, cucumbers), add grains, chickpeas, roasted vegetables, avocado. Top with dressing.